Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 7 Observations

Run DMC baby!! Did you start him? Probably not, only 16% of people in CBSsports.com leagues did. McFadden himself said that he was about 70%; so why would you start him? It was a wild, wild, unpredictable weekend in the NFL, let alone in Fantasy Football. Pending tonight’s game, it looks like Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the high score for QB for week 7 and Kenny Britt owns that honor at the WR position. I wonder who started that lineup. If you did, message me on Twitter because you should be writing this column!

News and Notes from Week 7

How bad is the Bears offense, specifically Jay Cutler? I heard on Twitter that after the game Cutler was at the bar, saw a pretty girl, made a pass at her, and that pass was promptly intercepted by DeAngelo Hall. I think from this point forward I am going to start a Defense that is playing the Bears, their offense is that bad.
I thought Brock Lesner got his head handed to him quickly on Saturday night, and the Broncos did their best Lesner impersonation on Sunday. A couple weeks ago I wrote in my weekly column that now was the time to sell high on Broncos QB Kyle Orton, I got a ton of negative feedback for that call. I think his days of posting 20+ point games are over, I thought that two weeks ago. Take it for what it is worth. Are we ready to give up on Chargers RB Ryan Mathews? Sounds like San Diego did, and Tolbert owners are inline for an increase in production. Besides Brett Favre broken ankle, the injury bug did not bite anyone of fantasy value. Anyone else afraid of the emergence of Ravens RB Willis McGahee? If you own Ray Rice then the answer is YES, and you should be concerned. Rice does not look like the same back we fell in love with in 2009. He looks like he is not hitting the hole as hard or fast as last year, and McGahee is taking advantage of Rice’s tepidness.
Above mentioned QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is on fire and unlike Orton I think this will continue for the rest of the season. My reasoning behind this is that if the Bills want to win a game or two this year then they have no choice but to throw the ball. If you think about it even if they are down they have to throw the ball so it is a win, win situation. The Chiefs scored some points this weekend, granted it was against Jacksonville but it is nice to see Cassel, Bowe and company take care of business. Sleeper alert: the Chiefs seem to be opening up the playbook running some plays for RB/WR Dexter McCluster, something to keep an eye on.
Any questions or comments, feel free to leave them or follow me on Twitter @fsportsguy

No comments:

Post a Comment