Wednesday, July 28, 2010

IMMAE 2010 End Result


It was a great experience for me to attend this years IMMAE expo in Denver Colorado. I spent all day Saturday at the event and enjoyed a smorgasbord of MMA action, from the vendors to the fighters and the Fight to Win National grapple tournament. When I first got there the vendors were still setting up and the grapple tourney was in full swing. I took the opportunity to look around and get a taste of my first MMA expo. All the vendors were nice and all the products were great. You had people from all over the world there selling their product and competing in the tournament. The morning started off slow but the arena slowly filled up with more and more people. About noon the expo was in full effect. I took in some of the grapple tournament were I was subject to some of the best Jujitsu in the country. You had people of all ages and all walks of life. There were little kids to young athletes to grand parents all competing to be the best. It was amazing seeing them all working hard and displaying their passion for the art. It was also a pleasure to finally meet some of the people I talk to on twitter. I met Kelly from Performance MMA and the HDNetFights folks were also there. Everyone was very nice. Early that afternoon I got a chance to meet Chris Camozzi who was a member of the Ultimate Fighter Show season 11. He did not get a chance to continue the show due to a broken jaw. He is a great guy and it was a pleasure to meet him. As I looked down at the tournament going on I saw one of the greats. Thomas "WildMan" Denny. Wild Man has been in the sport for years and was a King of the Cage Champion in the welter weight division. He was working with some of his fighters. He has recently moved to Colorado to start up a school and help bring up the local fighters. He is an awesome guy and great to meet in person. Later that afternoon Brendan Schaub showed up and was taking pictures and signing autographs. He is a very large man and has a test coming up at UFC 121 as he faces Gabriel Gonzaga. He was a very cool guy to talk to and I hope he does very well at UFC 121. My whole experience at the expo was phenomenal and I hope that it returns next year as I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment